Monday, November 11, 2013

Forgotten Lunches

We recently had conferences.

I think I've told you all plenty about how flustered I've been.

Too much for this little head to keep track of.

Clearly, because I was packing the kids lunches and poor Charlie was sent with a lunch box from the day before-

complete with empty wrappers (my kids save their wrappers for our garbage can so they don't have to go through the line to toss their trash-saves precious minutes for recess...)

and a lonely little granola bar not good enough to eat from the day before.

So poor buddy had a cast off granola bar for his lunch.

At least it was just a half day so I could feed him when he got home.

In my defense a lunch was packed but left on the counter and the wrong lunchbox put in his bag...

The other day (after his empty lunchbox day)

This little guy

told me about a girl in his class

and how she opened her lunchbox and cried because there was no food in it.

Her poor mom must have a #*@& load on her mind too...

Lucky for her, Charlie realized his crazy mama had packed two cereal bars (I don't know why...good luck? divine providence?) and he shared with her.

At least he'd had a granola bar hidden amongst the empty wrappers and it was a half day.

I'm so proud of him for noticing her distress and trying to help.

He has a good heart that little Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment